Bicycle Tour Description
Starting in the fun and centrally located 4th Avenue Shopping District, cruise your way through the best sections of Tucson’s historic neighborhoods, including:
- Iron Horse – Ride your two wheeled steel horse through a massive rattlesnake bridge.
- Downtown – Go inside the building where Southwest Deco was perfected and where an infamous gangster met his end!
- Presidio – This is where so much began: ancient Hohokam settlements, Tucson’s first structures, and the birthplace of the chimichanga!
- Armory Park – See historic homes, from Queen Anne to Greek Revival. Where else will you find Tolstoy, Gandhi, and Cesar Chavez hanging out together?
- Barrio Viejo – Historic narrow streets, colorful adobe homes, and fascinating shrines. One of the most unique neighborhoods in the USA.
- Barrio Kroeger Lane – Get a closer look at “A” Mountain and the Santa Cruz river, which is the real reason why Tucson even exists.
- Barrio Anita – Stop at a little neighborhood joint famous for its amazing tortillas.
- Dunbar Springs – Visit sculptures and murals placed within the community by the community. That’s art at its best!
- West University – Zip along bustling bike lanes past Tucson’s funkiest shops.
The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet, water, a snack of fresh tortillas and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Just show up ready to ride. Immerse yourself in the distinct historic neighborhoods of Tucson!
The tour is approximately 11 miles on flat terrain and takes about 3 to 3½ hours.
Departure Times: 9:00am and 1:30pm
Price: $50 per person ($44.40 + ticket fee and taxes, which all licensed tours must pay)